Greetings and welcome to this article on 20 leadership quotes that will uplift your mood
- Are you a Leader?
- Have you ever influenced someone or somebody?
- Do you make decisions that affect your health, mood, friends, work and life?
Leadership is defined as the act of leading or influencing a group of people, organisation, team or individuals. We are all leaders in the sense that we have influence on those around us. The difference is in how we influence and the results.
History is full of examples of Leaders from different walks of life and backgrounds that we in the present day can learn from.
In this article I am going to talk about 20 Leadership Quotes that will stimulate you
Superb 20 Leadership Quotes
1 Leadership is about alerting people of their true potential and showing them how to cultivate it so that they can lead themselves – Joshua Jehudah
2. A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit — John Maxwell
3. True leadership lies in guiding others to success. In ensuring that everyone is performing at their best, doing the work they are pledged to do and doing it well — Bill Owens
4. Leadership is an art that includes possessing a vision based on unwavering principles, and an ability to inspire and encourage others to be leaders – W Jeff Terry
5. The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.– General Dwight D. Eisenhower
6. Leadership starts with respecting others and paying attention to the needs of those around you. Respecting those who you lead, may lead, follow or just touch with your mind and eyes.
7. The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority. – Kenneth Blanchard
8. A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. —Douglas MacArthur
9. “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” – Jim Rohn, entrepreneur and motivational speaker
10. “Leadership is the ability to guide others without force into a direction or decision that leaves them still feeling empowered and accomplished.” – Lisa Cash Hanson, CEO of Snuggwugg.
Fantastic 20 Leadership Quotes
11. “Ultimately, leadership is not about glorious crowning acts. It’s about keeping your team focused on a goal and motivated to do their best to achieve it, especially when the stakes are high and the consequences really matter. It is about laying the groundwork for others’ success, and then standing back and letting them shine.” – Chris Hadfield, astronaut and former Commander of the International Space Station
12. “Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.” – General Colin Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State
13. The very essence of leadership is that you have to have a vision. It’s got to be a vision you articulate clearly and forcefully on every occasion. You can’t blow an uncertain trumpet. – Reverend Theodore Hesburgh
14. Leadership is lifting a person’s vision to high sights, the raising of a person’s performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations — Peter Drucker
15. A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be. – Rosalynn Carter
20 Leadership Quotes
16. “Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” – Sheryl Sanberg, COO of Facebook
17. “As a leader, it’s a major responsibility on your shoulders to practice the behavior you want others to follow.” — Himanshu Bhatia, founder, Rose International.
18. Leadership is unlocking people’s potential to become better —Bill Bradley
19. The task of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there. – John Buchan
20. “Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others. It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.” – Mwai Kibaki, Kenyan politician
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.